Prior to beginning this process, be sure you have:
- Created your marketing effort
- Finalized your effort settings
- Added your segments and exclusions
If you have already calculated, exported, and downloaded your list, click here.
1. Calculate your segment count.
2. Review your calculations and click Go to *Name of marketing effort to return to the marketing effort.
3. Export the effort then when the process is complete, return to the marketing effort.
If you’re working on an email effort, do not send the email yet. You will send after constituents have been removed.
4. Activate your marketing effort then when the process is complete, return to the marketing effort.
This might seem counter intuitive as activation is typically the very last step of the process. You have to activate the effort in order to be able to run the Remove Members process.
5. Click on the date next to File exported.
6. Select the drop down arrow next to Export Output and download the output as a CSV file.
7. Open the CSV file and remove the members who will receive the communication. Make sure you delete the entire row.
8. All that should be left is the list of members to remove from the segment. (In this example, we are only removing one person from the segment.)
9. Save the list of members to remove as a CSV (MS-DOS) file type.
10. Return to the marketing effort and click Remove members.
11. Upload the file of members to remove.
If your file contains column headers, ensure that the First row of file contains field names box is checked.
Select the Finder Number column header from the drop down.
12. Hit Save.
The remove members process will run and when it finishes, your final count will be decreased by the number of constituents you removed. You can go to the removed constituents’ Communications tab to verify that the mailing no longer exists on their records.
13. Export again.
When the remove members process is completed, return to your marketing effort and run the export process again. This will ensure that the removed members are not included in your final list.
Postal Marketing Effort
When the export process has completed, click the drop down arrow next to the name of your export definition and click Download Output.
Email Marketing Effort
When the export process has completed, click the dropdown arrow next to Email Export Def then click Start Email Job.