Please take a moment to review UGA Foundation’s fiscal year-end processing deadlines. Following is the schedule for fiscal year-end close:
Friday, June 17
- Deadline for UGAF check requests and journal vouchers that need to post in FY22. Requests received after this date will be recorded in FY23.
- *This includes check requests submitted via FAME which will need to have unit approvals completed by this date.
Wednesday June 29
- Credit card contributions (gift revenue) for FY22 must be received by Gift Accounting no later than 12 p.m. (noon). These must be charged before close of business by Foundation staff.
- NOTE: Donors have until Midnight, June 30 to give online at http://give.uga.edu.
Tuesday, July 5
- Requests to set up year-end payables must be received by Expenditure Control no later than 5 p.m. Please forward these requests by using the check request form with the invoice to follow.
- NOTE: For all outstanding FY22 charges where an invoice has not been received, it is necessary that a payable be prepared. Payable requests cannot be submitted via FAME request entry form.
Wednesday, July 6
- We will begin processing FY2023 check and scholarship requests. Budgets by class code will be automatically established to facilitate spending at UGA. Preliminary budgets will be available until final adjustments are made on July 22nd.
- We will begin processing FY2023 journal entry requests.
Friday, July 8
- Gifts (excluding credit cards), other income, and signed pledge commitments for FY22 must be received by Gift Accounting no later than 12 p.m. (noon).
- Gifts and pledge commitments must be postmarked and dated on or before June 30, 2022, to be included in FY22.
Thursday, July 14
- Gift Accounting will begin posting FY23 revenue in GAIL.
Tuesday, August 2
- FY2022 reports will be available through the FAME system. Please note that information in those reports will be subject to audit adjustments.
For questions regarding gift processing, please contact Gift Accounting at email@example.com or (706) 542-4438.
For questions regarding Expenditure Control or Financial Reporting, please contact the Foundation office at firstname.lastname@example.org.