An important message regarding the UGA Foundation’s year-end gift processing deadlines:
Over the holidays, the best way for donors to ensure their gift is completed in 2021 is to give online by credit card before midnight on December 31, 2021. Please direct donors to give.uga.edu/commit. Donors may also make a gift by check if the envelope is postmarked in 2021. All donations received postmarked December 31, 2021 should be delivered with the postmarked envelope to Gift Accounting by noon on January 13, 2022. Before delivery, please complete an online deposit transmittal at dar.uga.edu/deposit, and include the coversheet with your deposit.
A representative from UGA Foundation will be available at 706-542-4438 (542-GIFT) to assist donors, friends, and employees with year-end giving questions from December 27th – 31st from 9:00am – 5:00pm. If you have any questions about this email, please contact Gift Accounting at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 542-4438 (542-GIFT). We wish everyone a happy and safe holiday!
The following deadlines may be helpful to anyone facilitating a year-end donation. However, the appropriate tax year for a charitable deduction should only be determined by the donor or his/her financial advisor:
Cash/check gifts are completed in 2021 if:
- by mail, the envelope is postmarked in 2021.
- by hand delivery, a UGA employee receives in 2021.
Credit/debit card gifts are completed in 2021 if:
- the card is successfully charged by 11:59 PM on December 31, 2021. Note that staff will be present December 30th and 31st to processes hand-written credit card authorizations received via US Mail.
Stock gifts are completed in 2021 if:
- by electronic transfer, the stock posts to the UGAF account in 2021.
- by stock certificate issued in the name of the UGA Foundation, the certificate is dated 2021.
- by stock certificate in the name of the donor, the irrevocable stock power is signed in 2021.
Personal property gifts are completed in 2021 if:
- the deed of gift, warranty deed, or other legal instrument transferring ownership is recorded in 2021 or delivered to a representative of the University of Georgia in 2021, and any further approval required by Foundation policy is granted in 2021.