An important message regarding the UGA Foundation’s year-end gift processing deadlines:
Over the holidays, the best way for donors to be sure their gift is posted in 2020 is to make an online gift via credit card by 11:59 PM on December 31, 2020. Please direct donors to give.uga.edu/commit. Donors may also make a gift by check if the envelope is postmarked in 2020 and received by our office on or before January 13, 2021.
All donations by check received by School/College business or development offices that are postmarked December 31, 2020, should be delivered with the postmarked envelope to Gift Accounting by noon on January 13, 2021. Before delivery, please complete an online deposit transmittal at dar.uga.edu/deposit, and include the coversheet with your deposit. Any 2020 donations received after January 13 may be credited in 2021.
More details about our year-end gift “credit date” are below; however, the date used for tax purposes is ultimately at the discretion of the donor and his/her financial advisor. Development & Alumni Relations will be staffed at One Press Place to assist with year-end giving on December 28 through December 30 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and December 31 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. They may be reached at (706) 542-4438.
If you have any questions about this email, please contact Gift Accounting at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 542-4438.
We wish everyone a happy and safe holiday!
Cash/check gifts will be credited in 2020 if:
- by mail, the envelope is postmarked in 2020.
- by hand delivery, a UGA employee receives in 2020 and delivers to One Press Place by noon on January 13, 2021.
Credit/debit card gifts will be credited in 2020 if:
- the card is successfully charged by 11:59 PM on December 31, 2020. Note that staff will be present December 28 through 31 to processes hand-written credit card authorizations received via US Mail.
Stock gifts will be credited in 2020 if:
- by electronic transfer, the stock posts to the UGAF account in 2020.
- by stock certificate issued in the name of the UGA Foundation, the certificate is dated 2020.
- by stock certificate in the name of the donor, the irrevocable stock power is signed in 2020.
Personal property gifts will be credited in 2020 if:
- the deed of gift, warranty deed, or other legal instrument transferring ownership is recorded in 2020 or delivered to a representative of the University of Georgia in 2020.